Monday 5 May 2014

Stay Tuned

                So as of right now progress seems to be slowing down a bit. I am learning some slightly more complicated strumming patterns but am sort of waiting till I get a capo till I start learning some actual songs. Hopefully I'll be able to get one today and once I do I am hoping to learn Dust On the Bottle as well as some Taylor Swift songs.
                One song I have been learning despite not having a capo, is Give Me Faith by Elevation Worship. When I was playing Spencer's guitar the other day I noticed the sheet music for it in his case and realized that it contained all chords that I already know. I tried to just play it and sing along with random strumming but it didn't work out so well. My tendency is to just strum with the words that I'm saying but that's not really what you're supposed to do apparently.
                So Daniel showed me a fairly simple strumming pattern that I can use. The switching between notes with this strumming pattern isn't too hard but what I am struggling with is singing along at the same time. I used to think I was a good multi-tasker but clearly not as good as I thought. It'll take a lot of practice till I can do both at the same time because the strumming and switching between notes will have to become something I can do without even thinking.

                So that's all I got to say for now. Stay tuned for another post soon after I get my capo!

No comments:

Post a Comment